Thursday 20 September 2012

1974 US Hit Parade

JANUARY  19,  1974

1.  The Joker  -  Steve Miller Band
2.  Show and tell  -  Al Wilson 
3.  Love's Theme  -  Love Unlimited Orchestra  
4.  You're sixteen  -  Ringo Starr
5.  Helen Wheels  -  Paul McCartney & Wings 

6.  Let me be there  -  Olivia Newton-John 
7.  Are you lonesome tonight?  -  Donny Osmond
8.  Jungle boogie  -  Kool and the Gang 
9.  Smoking in the boy's room  -  Brownsville Station
10. Americans  -  Byron MacGregor
FEBRUARY  9,  1974

1.  The way we were  -  Barbra Streisand
2.  Until you come back to me  -  Aretha Franklin 
3.  Dark lady  -  Cher  
4.  Boogie down  -  Eddie Kendricks
5.  Last time I saw him  -  Diana Ross

6.  Put your hands together  -  The O'Jays
7.  Spiders and snakes  -  Jim Stafford
8.  Rock on  -  David Essex
9.  Mighty love  -  The Spinners 
10. Doo doo doo doo doo (Heartbreaker) - The Rolling Stones

M A R C H  16,  1974

1.  Seasons in the sun  -  Terry Jacks
2.  Sunshine on my shoulders  -  John Denver
3.  Mocking bird  -  Carly Simon & James Taylor
4.  Hooked on a feeling  -  Blue Swede 
5.  Jet  -  Paul McCartney & Wings 

6.  Best thing that ever happened to me  -  Gladys Knight & the Pips
7.  Oh my, my  -  Ringo Starr
8.  I'll have to say 'I love you' in a song  -  Jim Croce 
9.  Eres tu  -  Mocedades
10. Looking for a love  -  Bobby Womack

MFSB - Mother Fucker Son of a Bitch - TSOP
A P R I L   20,  1974

1.  Bennie and the Jets  -  Elton John
2.  The sound of Philadelphia  -  MFSB
3.  The locomotion  -  Grand Funk
4.  The streak  -  Ray Stevens
5.  The entertainer  -  Marvin Hamlisch

6.  Come and get your love  -  Redbone
7.  Dancing machine  -  The Jackson Five
8.  Don't you worry 'bout a thing  -  Stevie Wonder
9.  I've been searching so long  -  Chicago
10. Keep on singing  -  Helen Reddy
M A Y  18,  1974

1.  Band on the run  -  Paul McCartney & Wings
2.  The show must go on  -  Three Dog Night
3.  Just don't want to be lonely  -  The Main Ingredient
4.  Midnight at the Oasis  -  Maria Muldaur
5.  Help me  -  Joni Mitchell

6.  I won't last a day without you  -  Carpenters 
7.  Oh very young  -  Cat Stevens 
8.  Day break  -  Nilsson 
9.  Haven't got time for the pain  -  Carly Simon 
10. Piano man  -  Billy Joel
Stylistics
J U N E   15,  1975

1.  You make me feel brand new  -  The Stylistics 
2.  Sundown  -  Gordon Lightfoot 
3.  Billy, don't be a hero  -  Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods
4.  For the love of money  -  The O'Jays 
5.  Hollywood swingin  -  Kool & the Gang 

6.  On and on  -  Gladys Knight & the Pips
7.  You won't see me  -  Anne Murray 
8.  Be thankful for what you've got  -  William DeVaughn
9.  If you love me (Let me know)  -  Olivia Newton-John
10. Rock and roll heaven  -  The Righteous Brothers

The Hues Corporation 
J U L Y  13,  1974

1.  Rock the boat  -  Hues Corporation
2.  Annie's song  -  John Denver
3.  Rock your baby  -  George McCrea
4.  Don't let the sun go down on me  -  Elton John 
5.  The air that I breathe  -  The Hollies

6.  Sideshow  -  Blue Magic 
7.  Taking care of business  -  Bachman Turner Overdrive
8.  Waterloo  -  Abba
9.  Rock me gently  -  Andy Kim 
10. Call on me  -  Chicago
Roberta Flack 
AUGUST  10,  1974

1.  Feel like making love  -  Roberta Flack 
2.  Rikki don't lose that number  -  Steely Dan 
3.  The night Chicago died  -  Paper Lace
4.  Then came you  -  Dionne Warwick & The Spinners 
5.  Tell me something good  -  Rufus
  
6.  Please come to Boston  -  Dave Loggins 
7.  I'm leaving it all up to you  -  Donny & Marie Osmond 
8.  Another Saturday night  -  Cat Stevens 
9.  Let's put it all together  -  The Stylistics 
10. Skin tight  -  The Ohio Players
Billy Preston 
SEPTEMBER  21,  1974

1.  Can't get enough of your love, babe  -  Barry White
2.  (You're) Having my baby  -  Paul Anka 
3.  I shot the sheriff  -  Eric Clapton 
4.  Nothing from nothing  -  Billy Preston 
5.  Sweet home Alabama  -  Lynyrd Skynyrd

6.  You and me against the world  -  Helen Reddy 
7.  You haven't done nothing  -  Stevie Wonder 
8.  Do it ('Til you're satisfied)  -  B.T. Express
9.  Beach baby  -  First Class
10. Clap for the wolfman  -  The Guess Who
Johnny Bristol
OCTOBER 12,  1974

1.  I honestly love you  -  Olivia Newton-John
2.  Everlasting love  -  Carol Carlton 
3.  Longfellow serenade  -  Neil Diamond 
4.  Jazzman  -  Carole King 
5.  Life is a rock (But the radio rolled me)  -  Reunion

6.  Rockin' soul  -  The Hues Corporation 
7.  Hang on in there, baby  -  Johnny Bristol
8.  Stop and smell the roses  -  Mac Davis 

9.  Never my love  -  Blue Swede 
10.  You little trustmaker  -  The Tymes
Yoko Ono, John Lennon & Roberta Flack
NOVEMBER  16,  1974

1.  Whatever gets you through the night  -  John Lennon
2.  I can help  -  Billy Swan
3.  You ain't seen nothing yet  -  Bachman-Turner Overdrive
4.  Tin Man  -  America 
5.  The bitch is back  -  Elton John 

6.  My melody of love  -  Bobby Vinton 
7.  Back home again  -  John Denver
8.  Wishing you were here  -  Chicago 
9.  Ain't too proud to bet  -  Rolling Stones 
10. Carefree highway  -  Gordon  Lightfoot

a young Barry White with his mother  
DECEMBER  14,  1974

1.  Kung Fu Fighting  -  Carl Douglas
2.  Cat's in the cradle  -  Harry Chapin 
3.  When will I see you again?  -  The Three Degrees
4.  You're the first, the last, my everything  -  Barry White
5.  Angie baby  -  Helen Reddy

6.  Get dancin'  -  Disco-Tex & his Sex-o-lettes
7.  Junior's farm  -  Paul McCartney & Wings
8.  Doctor's orders  -  Carol Douglas
9.  Only you  -  Ringo Starr
10.  Sha la la (Make me happy)  -  Al Green

No comments:

Post a Comment